Want a fast-track to a new career? Starting this fall, you can complete the Logistics Technician Certificate in one semester.
All classes are online and fast-paced.
On your way to becoming a Logistics Technician, you’ll take two modules of three online classes each, starting in August and finishing the last course in December.
The classes are fast-paced and intense, but after one semester you’ll be ready to jump head-first into the logistics industry.
If you’re already working in logistics, our accelerated program can give you the skills you need to earn a promotion, a raise, or a transfer to a new line of work.
“I was working as a truck driver when I took my first Welding course at Eastfield,” says Bruce Parramore.
“I had gotten interested in welding when I built a go-cart as a home project and had decided I’d like to learn how to weld better,” the Eastfield College alum says. “But after I took that first welding class — after just four months — I had learned enough that I was able to get a job in my company’s welding department. Now I’m a welder instead of a truck driver.”
Because hours are flexible, Parramore was able to keep his job as a truck driver while he learned welding.
“What I like about welding is that you get the chance to create something, and because it’s metal it lasts just about forever,” he says. “It’s also really fun, and now I work on a lot of home projects I would never have been able to do before.”
As one of the fastest growing staffing agencies in Dallas, Express is proud to serve the Dallas community by helping people find jobs and providing staffing services to Dallas businesses looking for great temporary and permanent employees. Our office is locally owned and dedicated to helping people succeed.
If you’re a job seeker, Express will assess your skills and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. Applicants never pay a fee at Express, and you’ll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, and much more.
NOW HIRING! Apply online at www.workintexas.com.
ADT – Is hiring for Irving location. Must pass drug and background check. Minimum of 6 months Call Center Experience. Must be able to work flexible schedule to include weekends! (CP)
• 3229031- Full-time Customer Service Representatives. (100+)
Advanced Auto Parts – 12 New Stores Opening throughout the Dallas area! (JE)
• 6937737 – Commercial Account Manager
• 6291637 – Commercial Customer Rep
• 8279601- General Manager
• 4969164 – Parts Professional
AGL Constructors – Hiring for highway construction project. (JL)
• 2744573 – Mixer Driver
• 4973190 – Concrete Batch Plant Operator
• 3228645 – Heavy Equipment Mechanic
AIG Financial Network (JDH)
• 4979139 – Insurance Agents (30)
Amazon – Is hiring for Coppell location. Must pass drug and background check. No experience needed, must
pass application assessment test for employment. (CP)
• 2742036 – Full-time Seasonal warehouse/order pullers. (250+)
AT&T – currently hiring for opportunities in Richardson (NA)
• 8273786 – Telesales Reps
• 4964183 – Retail Sales Consultants
• 6940437 – Premises Technicians
Braum’s- Currently is hiring for Stores throughout the DFW Metroplex. Very interested in hiring Veterans. (IB)
• 3220609 – Assistant Managers (5) Positions are full time.
• 6933826 – Shift Leads (65) Positions are full time.
Brinks – currently hiring for Customer Service Representatives, Drivers, Messengers & Tellers in Coppell. (JL)
• 6948011 – Customer Service Representative – F/T
• 6302022 – Customer Service Representative – Compusafe
• 2757667 – Customer Service Representative – P/T
• 8289900 – Customer Account Representative
Convergys – Has Positions located in the Richardson area. Job requires minimum 6 months experience with
a HS Diploma/GED. No felonies! Recruiting sites are Garland, Irving & Preston & Alpha WFC – Bus line (JE)
• 6951577-. Technical & Customer Support Associates (150) openings – Starting pay is $13/hr and
requires flexible scheduling
CVS- Currently hiring for stores throughout the Dallas area. Must be at least 16 years of age to apply. Full and
Part Time Openings available! No Felonies! (JE)
• 3229719- Cashier/Customer Service Associate
• 6296659- Pharmacy Tech
• 8284569- Shift Supervisor
Dallas County Sheriff Department – Currently hiring (NA)
• 3236027 – Detention Service Officers (30-60)
Dallas Police Department – Needing to hire for the 2014 recruiting year. (IB)
• 6281694 – Police officers (200)
Darby Day Staffing – Hiring immediately for warehouse openings (JDH)
• 6302783 – Assemblers (30)
• 4978677 – General Labor (20)
Dollar General – Multiple positions are posted in WIT (RY)
• 6911996 – Part-time Sales Associates.
First Convenience Bank- Min. 6 month cash handling & Customer Service. Clear background! (CP)
Various DFW locations, Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
• 3235200 Part-Time Personal Bankers(18+).
Healthcare Services Group- Part-Time Hours Only 30 Hours per week. No Felonies! (JE)
• 2753195 Part-Time Housekeeping/Laundry (10)
Home Depot – hiring for the spring season at multiple locations throughout Dallas (NA)
• 2741306 – Sales/Customer Services Associate
Hotel Palomar – Hiring for various positions (KC)
• 6292288 – Various Restaurant Positions
Kroger Stores – Hiring for various positions for all three (3) Irving locations. (JL)
• 6305506 – hiring for all departments for all Irving locations.
Latrelle’s – hiring crew members and shift supervisors for DFW fast food restaurants. Must be able to pass
airport screening. (JL)
• 4980465 – Crew Members/ Shift Supervisors
Maxim Healthcare – Hiring Immediately! Childcare Services Aides to work 2 week shifts in the San Antonio
area. Employer will pay for Travel, Food and Lodging during the 2 week assignment. Multiple assignments may
be available. Must have clean back ground and ability to speak Spanish. Basic clerical or childcare experience
is appropriate. (SB)
• 8290991 – Childcare Services Aides (15)
McAlister’s – requires the ability to sell, serve, and/or prepare our products in a professional manner. (JL)
• 6298056 – Cashiers/Front End (25) – Lunch Shift
• 6298055 – Cashiers/Front End (25) – Dinner Shift
Medisca – Hiring immediately for warehouse. No exp necessary. (CP)
• 4972308 – Quality Control Clerks & Warehouse positions (30) – various shifts available
Metrocare Services- Immediate hiring opportunities in a variety of positions and locations in Dallas County
• 2758877-Advanced Practice Nurse
• 3236406-Janitor I
• 6949490-Business Office Support
• 6949505-Business Support Person I
Olive Garden – Several locations. Must have great personality, neat appearance, and ability to multi-task. (CP)
• 4975367 – Various Restaurant Positions (Hostess, Wait Staff, Prep Cooks) – Irving
• 4976610 – Various Restaurant Positions (Hostess, Wait Staff, Prep Cooks) – Addison
Omni Hotel – Downtown convention center hotel is now hiring (KC)
• 3217595 – Housekeeping
Pegasus Link Constructor- Hiring for highway construction project. (KC)
• 2744573 – Mixer Driver
• 4973190- Concrete Batch Plant Operator
• 3228645-Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Platinum Staffing- openings for upcoming events (NA)
• 6932229 – Event Security (50+)
Premier Logitech–Hiring various positions (GH)
• 3224830- Assembly Packer 20+ positions
• 8273641- Desktop Deployment Technician Level 2-3
• 8274816- Desktop Deployment Technician Levels 1
• 6943637- Team Lead Technician
Randstad – Has various open positions (JDH)
• 6290956 – Dockworkers (10)
Ross Dress for Less – Position is located in the Richardson area. Job requires no experience. HS
Diploma/GED preferred. No felonies! (JE)
• 3229843- Retail Associate (10 Part-Time) openings. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Simos Insourcing Solutions – filling several logistics positions (JDH)
• 4970512 – Warehouse/Production (100)
SMX Staffing – Warehouse positions (NA)
• 8264510 – Pickers/Packers (100) openings
Spectra Staffing –General warehouse (JDH)
• 3231592 – Various Warehouse/Production Positions (40)
State Farm- Hiring for their North Dallas location (IB)
• 2757441 – Various Positions (100) openings
Starwood Hotels – Hiring for positions in hotels across the Dallas area (RY)
• 3238703- Hotel Housekeeping.
Timeline Staffing – Hiring for warehouse positions – (JDH)
• 2754467 – Auto Assemblers and Warehouse Workers (60).
Time Warner Cable – Job Fair hiring for Multiple Positions – (NA)
• 8288508 – Business Class, Customer Solutions Specialist, Direct Sales, Retail Sales, Tech Ops (75).
TJ Maxx – Hiring for Retail Sales Associates – (NA)
• 2756313 – Merchandise Associates (9).
• 6946672 – Merchandise Associates (7).
• 4961410– Merchandise Associates (4).
Trinity Valley Foods – hiring for the 1st and 2nd shifts in their Irving plant. Backgrounds are on a case by
case, violent and sexual offenses are not allowed. (JL)
• 6932046 – Full-time Loaders/ Sorters (50-100) Cold, damp work environment. Pay increases based on
promptness and performance. PERSONAL HYGIENE IS IMPERATIVE.
• 2751697 – 2nd Shift Full-time Loaders/ Sorters (50-100) Cold, damp work environment. Pay increases
based on promptness and performance. PERSONAL HYGIENE IS IMPERATIVE.
• 2751992 – Financial Analyst
• 6296380 – Production Supervisor
UPS – currently hiring for their Monroe location. (CP)
• 8288164 – Package Handler – Part Time (200)
UT Southwestern – currently hiring in Dallas – must be able to pass background check (RY)
• 2721159 – Mechanic III
• 8253382 – Mechanic I
• 2720066 – Engineering Tech III
• 8250577 – Senior Store Clerk (2)
• 3204454 – Physical Plant Foreman
• 6917614 – Utilities Station Operator/CDAS
• 2752280 – Driver
• 2752494 – Automotive Mechanic
Waffle House – hiring for various positions (GH)
• 6951536 – Cooks, Waiters/Waitresses, Management Staff
Winco Foods –New Supermarket Positions (175) – (JDH)
• 4973659 – Various Positions (Opening of New Store)
The best way to take advantage of these opportunities is to go to www.workintexas.com and search for the job using the Job Posting Number listed in the report.
You are also invited to visit one of our 8 Workforce Centers for assistance.
Garland Workforce Center
217 N. Tenth St.
Garland, Texas 75040
Grand Prairie Workforce Center
801 South State Highway 161, 5th Floor
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
Irving Workforce Center
2520 W. Irving Blvd., Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75061
Mesquite Workforce Center
2110 N. Galloway Ave., Suite 116
Mesquite, Texas 75150
MLK Workforce Center
2922 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Dallas, Texas 75215
Preston at Alpha Workforce Center
5955 Alpha Road, Suite 200
Dallas, Texas 75240
Southwest Workforce Center
7330 S. Westmoreland Rd, Suite 200
Dallas, Texas 75237
Towne Market Workforce Center
3402 N. Buckner Blvd., Suite 308
Dallas, Texas 75228
The seven independently accredited colleges of Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) include Brookhaven, Cedar Valley, Eastfield, El Centro, Mountain View, North Lake and Richland.
DCCCD is one of the largest community college systems in the state. Since 1965, we have served more than 3 million people.
The colleges of DCCCD equip students for successful living and responsible citizenship. In addition, we provide economic benefits to business, taxpayers and the community.
Network Operations Manager
“I came to Cedar Valley College because my supervisor approached me at work and said that she was impressed by my job performance and was interested in mentoring me for a management position. But there was one drawback: I didn’t have a college degree. She and my mother began to encourage me to consider going back to school.
Zlatko Prijic graduated from El Centro College with a degree in Respiratory Care.
He shares his experiences with the program.
Tim Ellcey didn’t plan to be a chef and caterer.
“I was an education major for a while,” the El Centro graduate says. “I was going to be an elementary teacher. After a while, I didn’t feel like that was what I was led to do.”
Now, instead of overseeing a classroom, the graduate of El Centro’s Food and Hospitality Institute is watching over barbecue and other tasty food as chef-owner of Tim Ellcey Catering.
Ellcey chose El Centro’s culinary program over those of other institutions for several reasons, including:
- Low tuition
- Industry reputation
- Alumni network
“It was just more hands on,” Ellcey says. “I just loved being around that, that kitchen and that classroom and that learning environment, where there’s instructors that have been in the field for so long and they’re just ready to fill you with so much information that it’s going to make you successful.”
Internship Opportunities Helped
“Graduating I felt very confident because you have to have so many internship practicum time
while you’re there,” Ellcey says. “I felt that I was very prepared to go out and find pretty much any job that was available at the time.
“The connections that I’ve met through there, the friends that I’ve met, I still am connected with them as well. As they find jobs, as they grow, I’ve had several, several classmates that have come to me and said, hey, you know, I’m now working at this as a sous-chef or executive chef. Are you still looking for work?”